Monday, May 28, 2012

# 72 Dominique - One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers

                                                                          Dominique

"Whatever you do in life, give 100%". (The most difficult issue teens are faced with today is) "Finding someone who will listen and accept them instead of judging them."  (My hope for the future is) "People will become more open minded." 


Dominique and her twin sister are students at Urban Promise Academy in Camden.  She wants to study fashion design, and did a great job posing. I was really happy with this painting, it seemed to roll off the brush on its own, as some of them seem to do. Sometimes I just feel like I just have to be present, hold the brush, and let it come through me, and I LOVE those times; other times the brush is more of a sword and its a fight till the finish.....I wonder if other artists experience this? 

2 comments:

  1. Dominique is beautiful and you painted her so beautifully with perfect skin tones as always. I struggle when I paint a still life or landscape..when I do a portrait I'm so much more comfortable and it seems to always go smooth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me it's a matter of focus and determination. When my mind is in the right place, painting is not so much of a struggle. Per your recommendation, I bought Twyla Tharp's book. Very good!!! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete